Hello my Bondbeautys,
I am so excited to share this Bridal Makeup Look with you guys ! For this look I paired up with Lover.ly , which is a online one stop shop for brides. I was really surprised when I visited their website, it really is a one stop shop! I wish this was around when I got married it would have made wedding planning a whole lot easier!
They sent me pictures of three different dresses and I immediately got inspired by the beautiful strapless dress with purple detailing at the bottom. The first thing I noticed on this dress was the beautiful ombre fabric on the dress. It turned this dress into a non- traditional wedding dress. This gave me lots of leg room for what type of makeup to do. Usually bridal makeup is more neutral and natural; but for this look I wanted to add a modern twist by having lilac eye makeup instead of the usually browns. It added flavor and a modern twist to this bridal look without making it look informal. The sweetheart neckline gave me even more of a reason to use a such a feminine color on the eyelid.
This Lilac Bridal Look that I have created for you will compliment this dress perfectly. The Lilac eye makeup really ties the makeup and the gown together nicely. I wanted this look to be fun and flirty but still elegant. I wanted you to notice the makeup but I didn’t want to take away from how stunning the dress looks. So enough of all the blabbing lets get started with how to accomplish this look. (List of the products used will be below).
- First I applied a white cream eyeshadow base to the Eyelid area. (to help the lilac color show up more vibrantly.)
- I then applied a cream matte shade to the brow bone for a subtle highlight. (because the dress is so eye catching I didn’t want to distract with shimmery makeup!)
- Then I applied a matte Lilac Shade to the Eyelid. (Using patting motions for the most color payoff).
- Next I applied a Light Cranberry Shimmery Shade on the outer half of the lid. (Blend the two shades together)
- Apply a Medium Brown shade to the crease with a crease brush.
- To deepen the crease I used a Matte Grey shade in the crease and lightly to the outer third of the lid. Then make sure to blend with a fluffy blending brush.
- I Also added that same Grey in the lower lid. I also added a pearly white shade to the inner corner of the lid. (doing this opens your eyes more and it looks stunning in pictures)
- Next is winged liner. I also added a dark eyeliner to the tight line and in between the upper lashes to add volume. Then in the waterline I added a white eyeliner pencil to open up the eyes even more!
- No Bridal look is done without adding lashes! (Lashes really show up beautifully in pictures so even if you are not a lashes girl I would highly recommend them for your wedding pictures).
Since the dress is a strapless dress it adds a sexy vibe to the bridal look ; so I wanted to incorporate that into my eye makeup with a winged eyeliner. Having your eye makeup done is only half of it, next is having flawless face makeup.
- First I applied a Matte Bronzer underneath the cheek bone for a nice contour. (Even if you never contour or highlight your face doing so on your wedding will make such a difference in your pictures. Don’t you want that bridal glow?!)
- Next I applied my blush, I chose a blush that is more of a natural Pink shade. (you don’t want to much purple or it won’t look natural and will take away from the dress.)
- Last I applied a pink highlight shade to the tops of my cheek bones, nose & cupid bow.
- For the Lips I decided to do more of a nude pink shade . I used a matte lipstick and then later added a lipgloss for that shiny finish. (Matte or Shiny is up to you, they both photograph beautifully).
This makeup look is so easy you can do it at home. If you are getting it done by a makeup artist make sure to do a trial run. I hope you guys like this look, if you do feel free to pin these pics on your Pinterest for later! Thank you so much for all your support and also thanks to Lover.ly for featuring me on their website! Make sure to check out their website!
- Covergirl Stay Fabulous Foundation
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Instant Age Rewind Neutralizing Concealer (Under the eyes inverted triangle shape)
- L’oreal Feel Naturale Blush Au Naturel
- Pixi Bronzer: Subtly Suntouched
- Elf Baked Highlighter: Baked Diamonds
- ELF Matte Lip color: Natural
- Philosophy Holiday hugs lipgloss
- Kirkland Borghese Palette (Lilac ,cream & Grey Eyeshadow)
- NYX Eyeshadow Pencil : Milk
- Profusion Neo Perle Eyeshadow Journal( Cranberry Eyeshadow)
- Naked Palette: Virgin (Highlight in the inner corner)
- Wet N Wild Eyeliner: White (Water Line)
- Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Pencil (Tight line & In between Lashes)
- Essence Gel Eyeliner: Midnight in Paris (Winged Liner)
- L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara
- Kiss 01 Lashes (Duo Lash Glue In Clear)
Don’t Forget Beauty Comes from Within so Let yours shine!
<3 Love, Bondbeautyful